other worldly landscapes

For the first one I went brightened the picture just a bit. Then I went on Hue/Saturation and found the color I like and think that combine well with one another. Then I went on the liquify tool and started playing with it making the illusion of it being a wobbly world. For my second photo I did the same think but I put the levels pretty low so I can have different colors. The i went into Hue/Saturation and changed up the colors and make them brighter, and then i went into the liquefying tool and did swirls and some hearts.

Studio portraits with strobes and gels

The picture is a really beautiful women who has nice photographic features. She is dressed with a flowery puffy dress and the thing that catches my eyes the most would be the flower that she is holding upon herself and covering her eye and earrings because of the pear because it has a kind of brightness in the middle of them but for some reason her here circles is what gives the picture a personality. I really like her eye circles. This picture gives me kind of euphoria vibes. I feel like she’s the main character and is “better” than everyone but deep down she has a really sad soul and is tired. They used a pink gel and a blue one too I think because she is a little blue. I think they photographed her using a flash because one side of her has a brighter light and the other doesn’t have that bright light.

Review of national geographic magazine

National Geographic 803

I liked this one because it looks like it has many different story’s. It shows that a guy is going to push off another guy off the boat with his foot. The one that is trying to push him off looks angry and the ones being pushed looks worries. It looks like one of them was betrayed by the other but I’m not sure which one.

National Geographic 825

I really like this one too because it portrays two different people. It shows that she took off this mask that suppose to be scary and threatening. Then her real face is smiling and she looks really sweet and happy.

National Geographic 854

I like this one because the monkey is really eye-catching and unique. The monkey has white fur and I’ve never seen one that looked like that before. It looks like it has colored eye and over all really unforgettable.

Fill Flash

Fill Flash is a type of technique used when taking a photo outside. You have to place whatever you are photographing at an angle with the sun, where the subjects back in facing the sun. You have too be able to balance out your flash with the natural like that is being used outside. You have to do this because then your image will either make your person to dark or to bright. When using the fill flash make sure that the background is brighter than the subject.

Read and write

Something I learned was that the silhouetting technique could be used when adding glamour or intensity to almost any “any day photography”.  A silhouette story can be described as a well-defined black shape image/ shadow that stands out against a bright/white background. The subject has to be a larger and relatively simple shape which the background is “strongly lit”. A silhouette adds to an already strong mood. You have to determine the correct exposure and many can find it confusing at first because you have to expose for the background not the subject. (more…)

Painting with light

I’m not sure how they did this. I think they could have had a drown going really fast in circular motions while the camera captures the drawing. I really liked this image because its in a tunnel. I like the illusion that it gives going through the tunnel. I also like how there’s a stream that follows it i feel like it makes the picture come together.

1 2 3 4 6